Alcoa >Automotive Repair > Tennessee Collision Repair Inc
Superb Customer Care & Service. For over 25 years now our entire family has used Tennessee Collision Repair for all of our automobile repair needs. This includes those years when both of our daughters were in high school & college and provided considerable reason to have repairs done! Each visit has been pleasant, professional and the turn-around time has been excellent. Their work has always been second to none. Our cars have always been returned very clean and in excellent shape. My insurance agent toldme that TCR has remained "at the top of their list" for several years. in this day and time of service oriented businesses, TCR should get the Academy Award-if it existed--for that category.
Excellent Customer Care. I am a retired insurance agent. I have had several cars over the years, and have always used Tennessee Collision to make repairs. David and the crew have always given me excellent customer service, and the repairs have always met my high standards. As a result, I have referred my clients to TCR for their repairs too over the years. I'm not sure why others are posting negative reviews. I would have never referred clients to TCR unless I was confident they would receive the same top-notch service as I did. I have had all of my questions answered in a timely manner with complete courtesy. I am completely satisfied with TCR and will continue to use their services and to refer others.
Bad Customer Service, No Integrity.
TN collision center ignores customers and lacks integrity.
I brought in my car on 11/14. I met with Graham. He looked over my car and told me a woman from his office would call me on 11/16 to schedule to have it repaired. No one called. I called back three times over a two week period with no results. Now, I need to find a repair center that treats customers with respect and follows through on promises.
BEWARE of shoddy workmanship!!.
When I went to pick up my 2002 Corvette for the first time a year ago, they didn't blend the front bumper paint into the hood/quarter panels. The car was obviously two different shades of yellow. They admitted it "looked horrible" and had "no idea what happened" and agreed to do it over correctly. There was also overspray everywhere, underneath the car, on the engine, on trim pieces, etc. Some of the overspray was halfway cleaned up, most of it was ignored.
When I went to get it the second time, the paint was blended/feathered correctly, but the panels were mis-aligned, and there was evidence of shoddy prepwork (taping) all over the roof. Also, they hadn't pressure steamed the undercarriage they charged my insurance company $300 for. There was still gobs of grass and dirt from the accident crammed into the crevices of the undercarriage. They again had "no idea how that could have happened", and agreed to fix it. In addition, the car was missing and throwing a code for the only mechanical part they replaced, which was the A.I.R. pump.
When I went to get it the third time, most of the above complaints were again ignored, plus they said they couldn't get it to re-throw the code.. but never fear friends, because it popped up again on the drive home. So, back it goes for the forth time.
Eventually they (actually the Cadillac dealer in Maryville) discovered that water had somehow gotten into the A.I.R. pump and ruined it. Why there are thousands of 2002 Corvettes running around without "flooded A.I.R. pumps" is a question that will remain for the ages.
Other problems that have been pointed out to Tennessee Collision Repair over and over.. and have been either made worse, or ignored.. over and over:
1. The drivers side window "hangs up" on the window guide (improper door alignment)
2. The passenger side door trim wasn't replaced with proper GM trim to keep water out of the car, in substitution for this $20 part, they jammed black sealant into the crack instead. It looks horrible, and leaks. (lack of proper trim)
3. In order to keep the above situation with the passenger side door from leaking water into the car, they aligned the door ½" in to close to the centerline of the car, making (in their mind) a "tighter seal" in order to disguise the fact that the proper weatherstripping trim is missing. The doors false alignment looks horrible.
4. They attempted to re-align the doors and hood in one of the visits above after I complained. They actually made it worse, the hood and doors are even more mis-aligned. All that is required to fix this is a wrench and someone to hold the door/hood steady while wrenching.
5. There are examples of poor masking-techniques all over the car. Instead of taking a few minutes to mask the car properly prior to painting, they hurried and "cut corners", meaning that in several places on the roof and elsewhere, there are streaks, dull areas, off-color areas, etc. One one of the above visits, I actually took a pencil and circled these areas so that they could be properly repaired. They were for the most part ignored.
6. Interior trim pieces were broken and not replaced.
There are many other smaller examples of shoddy workmanship, the above are just the major ones I encountered with Tennessee Collision Repair. I advise anyone considering taking their car to Tennessee Collision Repair to come and take a look at the butchery they performed on my vehicle.
UPDATE: After filing a complaint with the BBB, and requesting that TCR align the doors properly, and finally install the 8 month “backordered” window trim part, TCR refused and has apparently left me and my car out to twist in the wind. As of this writing, and a year and a half after first taking my car to Tennessee Collision Repair.. my car is still incomplete. Tennessee Collision Repair could care less.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Tennessee Collision Repair Inc on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.